Applications Are Open For 2022 PAN Awards.
The Paediatric Association of Nigeria is calling for nominations and submissions for the following awards:
The Kunle Ijaiya Prize
This was instituted in memory of Dr. Kunle Ijaya. The prize is awarded to the best oral scientific presentation made by a paediatric resident during the annual meeting of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PANCONF). The award comprises of a cash prize and a plaque.
- Must be a resident at the time of presentation
- Must have been inducted as a trainee member of PAN and be financially up-to-date
The Prof. William Ogala Prize
This prize was instituted by Prof. William Ogala and it is awarded to the best institution with a paper presentation in the area of Neonatology at the annual PAN Conference. The prize consists of a cash award to the presenting author of the winning paper and a trophy to the winning institution.
- Could be either a Resident or a Consultant
- The recipient must be a registered member of PAN (Trainee or Ordinary) in good financial standing.
- The paper must be in the area of Neonatal Medicine.
The Theodore Okeahialam Prize
Instituted in honour of Prof. Theodore Okeahialam, this prize is awarded to an outstanding research paper presented by a young Paediatric Fellow in the field of Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics. It carries a cash prize and a plaque. This award is open to young paediatric consultants.
- Must be an Ordinary member of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria, in good financial standing at the time of nomination.
- Must be a Fellow of LESS THAN 5 YEARS of the Faculty of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physicians
- Must submit a research abstract detailing a substantive work in either Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics or both.
- Must be the first/lead author of the research work that forms the basis for the award
- The work should be original research focused on Nigerian children in the area or Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics
- Publication of the research work within the last 12 months in a high-impact academic journal will constitute an advantage. An indication of acceptance by the journal editor will be acceptable evidence.
The AdeGrange Award
for outstanding contributions in maternal and child health in the sub region. -The award is instituted by the AdeGrange foundation and is open to Nigerian paediatricians practicing in any country of the world.
- Must be a Nigerian Paediatrician. He/she can be a Nigerian Paediatrician- preferably working in Nigeria in a multi-disciplinary environment but could be a partner researcher working in the Diaspora after having worked in Nigeria for a period of at least 10 years.
- Be of high moral standing in the community and among colleagues.
- Be of Consultant status and should have demonstrated his or her commitment to his/her chosen line of investigation for the purpose of generating evidence for the development of relevant policies or improvement of policy dialogue in Nigeria.
- Have published relevant papers in peer-reviewed journals nationally and internationally.
- A research abstract of a landmark publications.
- Have participated in making presentations at national and international levels on this topic.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit the underlisted documents to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- An application letter stating the award of interest.
- Detailed and Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Research abstract.