55TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE
OF THE PAEDIATRIC ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
Èkó Àkéte 2024
Theme: Beyond Strategies and Goals: Reaching Every Child in Nigeria with Optimal Care
Secure your Spot
& Mark the Date!
Take a proactive step towards transforming paediatric healthcare in Nigeria. Join us at PANConf and be a part of the groundbreaking initiative to Extend Optimal Care to Every Child.
About the Conference
Every year, the Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN) holds a Scientific conference and an Annual General Meeting. In 2024, the members of PAN will be meeting in Lagos State.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
Beyond Strategies and Goals: Reaching Every Child in Nigeria with Optimal Care.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS & PRESENTATIONS
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit their abstracts. All the abstracts accepted will be displayed as posters or rapid-fire presentations.
Kindly note that you MUST be a registered participant to be enabled to Present a paper at our conference.
Early bird registration ends 30th September 2023
Regular registration ends Monday 31st December 2023
Late/on-site registration starts 1st January 2024
Applications Are Open For 2024 PAN Awards.
The Paediatric Association of Nigeria is calling for nominations and submissions for the following awards for the Year 2024:
The Kunle Ijaiya Prize: This was instituted in memory of Dr. Kunle Ijaiya. The prize is awarded to the best oral scientific presentation made by a Paediatric Resident during the annual meeting of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PANCONF). The award comprises a cash prize and a plaque.
- Must be a resident at the time of presentation.
- Must have been inducted as a trainee member of PAN and be financially up-to-date at time of abstract submission.
This prize was instituted by Prof. William Ogala and it is awarded to the best Institution with a paper presentation in the area of Neonatology at the annual PAN Conference. The prize consists of a cash award to the presenting author of the winning paper and a trophy to the winning Institution.
- The presented could be either a Paediatric Resident or a Consultant Paediatrician.
- The recipient must be a registered member of PAN (Trainee or Ordinary) in good financial standing at time of abstract submission.
- The paper must be in the area of Neonatal Medicine.
The Theodore Okeahialam Prize: Instituted in honour of Prof. Theodore Okeahialam, this prize is awarded to an outstanding research paper presented by a young Paediatric Fellow in the field of Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics. It carries a cash prize and a plaque. This award is open to young Paediatric Consultants.
- Must be an Ordinary member of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria, in good financial standing at the time of abstract submission.
- Must be a Fellow of LESS THAN 5 YEARS of the Faculty of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physicians.
- Must submit a research abstract detailing a substantive work in either Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics or both.
- Must be the first/lead author of the research work that forms the basis for the award.
- The work should be original research focused on Nigerian children in the area or Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics.
- The research work must be presented at any of the scientific sessions during the PANCONF by the Lead Author being considered for the prize.
- Publication of the research work within the preceding 12 months in a high-impact academic journal will constitute an advantage. An indication of acceptance by the journal editor will be acceptable evidence.
The AdeGrange Award: The award for outstanding contributions in Maternal and Child Health in the sub region was instituted by the AdeGrange Foundation (founded by Dr. Adenike Grange) and it is open to Nigerian Paediatricians practising in any country of the world. It carries a cash prize and a plaque.
- Be a Nigerian Paediatrician; preferably working in Nigeria in a multi-disciplinary environment but could be a partner researcher working in the Diaspora after having worked in Nigeria for a period of at least 10 years.
- Be of high moral standing in the community and among colleagues.
- Be of Consultant status and should have demonstrated his or her commitment to his/her chosen line of investigation for the purpose of generating evidence for the development of relevant policies or improvement of policy dialogue in Nigeria. ● Have published relevant papers in peer-reviewed journals nationally and internationally.
- Submit a research abstract of a landmark publication.
- Have participated in making presentations at national and international levels on this topic.
- All applicants for Kunle Ijaiya, William Ogala or Theodore Okeahialam Prize are required to submit their abstracts using the abstract link https://pan-ng.org/panconf/submitabstract/.
- Those applying for either the Theodore Okeahialam or AdeGrange Prize should submit relevant documents to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com on or before midnight of 30 November 2023:
- Detailed and Current Curriculum
- The curriculum vitae for the AdeGrange award must in addition to other relevant information, have the underlisted included:
- A list of papers published in local or regional journals.
- A list of papers published in international journals.
- Applicant’s H-index.
- A list of candidates supervised at the Fellowship or PhD level.
- Research abstract with the published article (where applicable).
NB: Case reports, case series and reviews will not be considered for any of the awards.
Explore the City of Lagos
The Economic Capital of West Africa
Lagos State pulses with Nigeria’s energy. Urban mix of tradition and modernity. Economic powerhouse, cultural melting pot. Dynamic, bustling, unforgettable experience.
If you have any questions, require assistance, or would like to reach out to us for any reason related to PANConf 2024, please don’t hesitate to contact us